S&P Dow Jones Indices and MSCI have announced as a result of their annual review of the Global Industry Classification Standard (GICS) structure that a new real-estate sector is being created, elevating its position from under the financials sector and bringing the number of GICS sectors to 11. A new sub-industry category for copper is also being created. The changes are being considered for implementation after the market close on August 31, 2016.
S&P Dow Jones Indices has also announced the
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants