The rush to create new families of multi-asset indexes is likely to spark clashes between the major index providers, a senior executive at one of the market's largest players has said, as the trend towards independent providers looking to combine separate asset classes within single indexes accelerates.
In a forthcoming interview with Risk.net, Gareth Parker, senior director for index research, design and development at the newly merged FTSE Russell group, says the current wave of
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules