The indexing world has traditionally been dominated by a handful of well-known names. But as the industry becomes more concentrated, big opportunities are being created for smaller index providers, argues Steffen Scheuble, chief executive of index provider Solactive.
Rather than offering what he dubs "brand-led" index services, Scheuble says the small, Frankfurt-based firm thinks of itself a financial technology company before it considers itself an index provider. "We position ourselves more as
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants