Barclays Capital has rolled out a new suite of indexes designed to give investors a direct hedge against inflation. The new products arrive as inflationary pressures increase, with the US Consumer Price Index (CPI) either rising or flat in each of the past six recorded months.
The new launches track the price of US Treasury Inflation Protected Securities (Tips), US government bonds that mirror changes in the CPI. They are designed to offer protection against inflation in the dollar, which can er
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence