Banks must focus on negotiating the transition period for the Basel II reforms rather than continuing to fight to scrap the measures, says José María Roldán, director general for banking regulation at the Bank of Spain and chair of the standards implementation group of the Basel Committee.
Speaking at the Risk Europe conference in Frankfurt this morning, Roldán said both the Basel Committee and the Financial Stability Board are currently considering an appropriate transition period for the new m
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data