What’s an international standard setter to do when they cannot get members to agree on an international standard? The answer from the Basel Committee, it seems, is to gently encourage members to decide their own rules locally instead.
A masterplan to complete the Basel III risk-based capital framework has stalled owing to infighting between the US and Europe. But an item lower down the list of priorities – a regulatory framework for banks’ non-contractual relationships with shadow banking
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden