While the research and data confirm emerging managers are good value for investors, few take a punt on them. Seeding such managers is even rarer. Yet NewAlpha Asset Management gave its first incubation mandate in 2004.
By mid-2013 it had eight investments running on its platform including a CTA, two credit long/short funds, a European equity long/short manager and a credit relative value fund. In total there are 13 managers on the platform running 31 funds across a range of strategies.
It has 27
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules