Liberty Ermitage launched a global fund of hedge funds at the start of January called the Global Strategies Fund, with proprietary seed capital and commitments to 31 January of about $50m.
While part of the initial capital has come from Liberty Ermitage itself, the fund has also taken in money from some of the firm's existing clients looking to reallocate their investments.
Liberty Ermitage expects to grow the fund of funds portfolio to $100m in the coming months and invest the money in a mixture
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules