A particularly unusual video was doing the rounds during September, that of Aleksey Vayner, self-titled "CEO and professional athlete". Aleksey was going for a job at UBS, and in support of his 11-page CV, submitted a video, entitled "Impossible is Nothing," of himself breaking bricks with his bear hands, serving a tennis ball at 140mph, bench pressing 225lbs, and learning to dance, among other skills.
Vayner did not get the job - maybe because the video did not also show him, for example,
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines