This is an extended version of an article appearing in Technology Round Table: challenges ahead for the future.
Everyone agrees Excel spreadsheets increase operational risk but it does have some attractions that help it to survive more sophisticated solutions.
Neil Edelstein at GoldenSource agrees. “The risks imposed by spreadsheet management are best demonstrated by the lack of investor confidence and the ‘threat’ of massive government regulation,” he says.
The features that make spreadsheets so
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data