There's a story Roel Wolfert, group director at payments and payments technology vendor Logica, tells when he is explaining how the EU's Single Euro Payments Area (Sepa) and the Payment Services Directive work. It's about a US banker he recently had to brief on the two proposals to create a better eurozone-wide payments system. After understanding the enormous task the two proposals pose, the banker said: "I thought harmonising things was supposed to make things easier."
It's a quip that could ha
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data