Bogie Ozdemir - CWB Financial Group
Bogie Ozdemir is currently the Executive Vice President & Chief Risk Officer with CWB Financial Group, a diversified financial services organization providing specialized services in banking, trust, and wealth management.
Prior to joining CWB Financial Group, and in his role as a Vice President with Sun Life Financial Group, Bogie led the development and implementation of (and was responsible for) ORSA, as well as overseeing Operational Risk, Model Vetting, and Risk Analytics. Prior to this, as a Vice President with BMO Financial Group, he was responsible for Economic Capital, Stress Testing, and Basel Analytics, as well as the development and implementation of ICAAP. Previously, as Vice President of Standard & Poor’s Credit Risk Services group, Bogie held global responsibility for engineering new products and solutions, and business development and management.
Bogie has authored and co-authored many papers, including most recently:
- Managing Capital Buffers in the Pillar II Framework - Designing an effective ICAAP/ORSA to manage procyclicality and reconcile short- and long-term views of capital, Peter Miu, Bogie Ozdemir, The Journal of Risk Model Validation, Winter 2010
- Value Optimization in a Regulatory Constrained Regime – A New Look at Risk vs. Return Optimization, Peter Miu, Bogie Ozdemir, Michael Giesinger, Journal of Risk Management in Financial Institutions, Winter 2011
- Managing Performance using a Dual Measure, Bogie Ozdemir, Evren Cubukgil, Huaxing Xia, Journal of Risk Management in Financial Institutions, Summer 2014, Vol 7, Number 3
- Managing differences in Economic and Regulatory capital, An examination of ROE maximizing strategies, Bogie Ozdemir, Evren Cubukgil, Journal of Risk Management in Financial Institutions, 2014, Vol 7, Number 4
- Determining Hurdle Rate and Capital Allocation in Credit Portfolio Management, Miu, Ozdemir, Cubukgil & Giesinger, Journal of Financial Services Research, May 5, 2015
- Can Basel 4 work? An examination of the new Basel Proposals, Bogie Ozdemir, Gokul Sudarsana, Michael Giesinger, Journal of Risk Management in Financial Institutions, Vol. 8, No. 3, 2015
- Managing interest rate in the banking book using an optimization framework, Bogie Ozdemir, Gokul Sudarsana, Journal of Risk Management in Financial Institutions, 2016
- A prudent LGD estimation for mortgages, Bogie Ozdemir, The Journal of Risk Model Validation, Vol. 10, No. 4, December 2016
- Adapting Basel AIRB models for IFRS-9 purposes, Peter Miu, Bogie Ozdemir, The Journal of Credit Risk, Vol. 13, No. 2, June 2017
- Evolution of Risk Management from Risk Compliance to a Strategic Risk Management: From Basel I to Basel II, III and IFRS 9. Journal of Risk Management in Financial Institutions, Vol. 11, No. 1, Winter 2017, pp.76-85.
Bogie has also authored and co-authored four books:
- Basel III Implementation: A Guide to Developing and Validating a Compliant, Internal Risk Rating System, Bogie Ozdemir, Peter Miu, 2008, McGraw-Hill
- Adapting to Basel III and the financial crises, Re-engineering capital, business mix, and performance management practices, Bogie Ozdemir, Peter Miu, January 2013, Risk Books
- ORSA: Design and Implementation, Bogie Ozdemir, Risk Books, 2015
- Adapting to Basel III and IV: Re-engineering capital, business mix and performance management practices post-crisis, Bogie Ozdemir, Second Edition, Risk Books, 2017
Return to the full Editorial Board listing
More information on The Journal of Risk Model Validation