At big US banks, Treasury holdings grew over $350bn in 2020

Holdings of Treasury securities by the eight US global systemically important banks (G-Sibs) increased a whopping 42% over 2020 to $1.19 trillion.

JP Morgan disclosed the largest increase in Treasury holdings dollar-wise, of $142.4 billion (62%) to $370.4 billion. This amounted to almost 11% of its total assets as of December 31. Citi’s holdings increased the most percentage-wise, by 73% to $232.2 billion, making up about 10% of its end-year assets.

In aggregate, US Treasuries held in the

Only users who have a paid subscription or are part of a corporate subscription are able to print or copy content.

To access these options, along with all other subscription benefits, please contact or view our subscription options here:

You are currently unable to copy this content. Please contact to find out more.

Sorry, our subscription options are not loading right now

Please try again later. Get in touch with our customer services team if this issue persists.

New to View our subscription options

If you already have an account, please sign in here.

You need to sign in to use this feature. If you don’t have a account, please register for a trial.

Sign in
You are currently on corporate access.

To use this feature you will need an individual account. If you have one already please sign in.

Sign in.

Alternatively you can request an individual account here