The second quarter tantrum in the Italian government bond (BTP) market tore 30 basis points out of UniCredit’s Common Equity Tier 1 (CET1) capital ratio.
The Italian lender reported an end-June ratio of 12.51%, down from 13.06% three months prior – its third consecutive quarter of decline. UniCredit attributed 35bp of the drop to the fall in value of bonds held for trading, and all but 5bp of this to the surge in BTP yields over the second quarter. The turmoil was also reflected in UniCredit’s
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- EU parliament OKs no-action powers but leaked doc signals delay