Lee Farkas, former chair of Taylor, Bean & Whitaker (TBW), has been sentenced to 30 years in prison and ordered to forfeit $38.5 million. Farkas was found guilty in April this year of 14 counts of conspiracy to commit bank, wire and securities fraud and also substantive counts of bank, wire and securities fraud.
Farkas was found guilty of stealing more than $38 million for personal gain from TBW and Colonial Bank. He used the stolen money to buy a jet, expensive antique and collector cars and mu
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data