Big cars, designer clothes and glass skyscrapers are just some of the images the Persian Gulf brings to mind. Maintaining a prestigious image is paramount in the region - and local banks are no different. They want to enhance their international image, and adopting Basel II - especially the advanced measurement approach (AMA) - is a way to do it.
However, there is also a growing need for these rapidly expanding banks to establish a solid risk culture, as local markets flourish on the wave of an
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules