An expert in artificial intelligence at a large US bank is asking a question that would seem vapid coming from anyone else: what makes a cat a cat?
She doesn’t see it that way. In fact, she believes this question – and others like it – can unlock a brighter future for the human race.
The back story goes a little like this: machine learning algorithms can be taught to classify images, but unless those using the algorithm are sure it is classifying the pictures in a sensible way, then they are
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?