A fierce row is brewing in the arcane world of cleared swaps compression. LCH has come under fire for proposed changes to the way business slots are allocated between external providers of the critical service, with dealers claiming the plans could stifle competition. Banks are divided, however, on what should be done about it.
The central counterparty’s tiered pricing framework, with smaller providers effectively charged more, comes in for criticism, as does a new conflict resolution
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC