Is risk management best served by grouping like-minded risk professionals in one place to develop a disciplined, common approach; or by sprinkling individuals throughout the different business units to promulgate their ideas within the front line?
Daniel Moore, chief risk officer at Scotiabank, has a clear view on this topic. He believes the success of the risk function depends on enmeshing it with elements of the bank’s operations. Within this integrated structure, risk managers can shed their
- Regulators to scrutinise CCP default auctions
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- VAR surges, revenues tank at French banks hurt by volatility
- A rush on Libor fallbacks to head off holdouts
- Swaps data: SOFR volume and margin insights