The US implementation of bank capital rules could make the use of internal models moot, potentially entrenching an international impasse on the adoption of standardised floors for risk-weighted assets (RWAs) and modifications to the internal ratings-based (IRB) approach to credit risk.
"Much of the debate internationally is where the standardised approach will end up coming into play, as opposed to the IRB, but still maintaining the IRB framework. I think it is actually much more debatable if
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?