A new regulatory formula for the calculation of trading book capital is producing requirements that are up to five times higher than current levels – and seven times higher for rates trading desks – according to unpublished results from the third official impact study, which concluded last month.
Banks have been calling for the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision to carry out more analysis of a major overhaul known as the Fundamental review of the trading book (FRTB) later this year, after
- Fund-linked structured products face extinction under FRTB
- China Minsheng and SocGen team up for quant index product
- People moves: Barclays’ investment bank chief exits, Citi president to retire, Vos promoted at BNY Mellon, and more
- Banks rethink fund-linked trades ahead of FRTB
- Lack of buy-side repo backstop a concern – Citi repo head