Europe’s chief markets regulator is urging lawmakers to remove an obstacle standing in the way of a Brexit-driven migration of non-cleared swaps from London to the European Union. But draft regulatory technical standards (RTS) proposed by the European Securities and Markets Authority (Esma) may be too narrow to overcome the legion of hurdles that swaps users face when shifting their exposures, experts warn.
Esma’s proposed amendments to the European Market Infrastructure Regulation (Emir),
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC