Regulators should refrain from imposing initial margin on derivatives transactions in Asia in order to promote development of derivatives markets in the region, according to Mark Austen, chief executive of the Asian Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (Asifma).
Asifma outlined a way forward to developing Asian capital markets in a white paper released on November 22. The paper states regulatory reform and consistency across asset classes is needed alongside a bigger voice for
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC