The "two-tiered" market identified by U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) chair Mary Schapiro in an address to the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (Sifma) annual meeting in New York on Oct. 27 is in fact a three-tiered market and will require greater clarity from regulators around how they will define what is a light or dark market, according to executives of major trading venues and market participants who spoke at the same conference.
"We want more clarity aroun
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data