The Financial Services Authority authorised UK brokers to have direct access to the Montreal trading system in 2002. Since then, connection to the exchange could be obtained through a number of brokers, including Man Financial and Wolverine Trading.
“UK-based investors represent a major and growing source of activity on our market, and the new hub will greatly ease the trading of Canadian financial derivatives offered by the Montreal Exchange,” said Bertrand.
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules