Providers of contracts for difference (CFDs) are stepping up their marketing efforts in Germany and making inroads into the growing community of online day traders, notably with the Dax 30 index as an underlying. However, the CFD segment remains small compared to the market for leveraged structured products offered by the major banks, while the smaller German CFD providers are facing a tough fight to win business from established UK companies such as CMC Markets, City Index, iETX Capital and IG.
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC