Complaints about UK structured products fell by more than 700 between the first half and second half of 2013, with the financial ombudsman receiving 1,576 complaints between July and December, compared with 2,283 during the previous six months.
The results are promising, but "there is still room for improvement and all links in the chain hold some responsibility," says Thomas Hughes, operations manager at StructuredProductReview.com in Newcastle. "From my perspective, education is key. With that
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules