Onshore structured products issuance in Brazil could be worth the equivalent of $500 million a month in the second half of this year, according to market participants. Following the $80 million of product sales in January - the new market's first month of operation - bankers expect the issuance figures for February to be far higher.
Since the market opened, six banks have issued certificado de operações estruturadas (COEs), or structured operations certificates, including Bradesco, BTG Pactual,
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence