The demand for commodity-linked structured products from private banking clients is "almost dead", according to Angel Wu, regional head of products and solutions Asia for ABN Amro Private Banking.
Wu was speaking during a panel discussion at the Structured Products Asia 2012 conference held in Hong Kong today, and said the approach of private banking investors was at odds with the current state of the commodity markets.
"Because a lot of private banking clients are directional investors, they
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules