Exceptional rates of failure


LONDON -- Today in the US, an estimated 89% of trades are affirmed by noon of T+2 [more info needed?]. The bad news is that leaves 11% unaffirmed.

As US Securities and Exchange Commission associate director Larry Bergmann noted during a question and answer session at the Securities Industry Association’s STP (straight-through processing) conference in October, "Eleven percent is not handling an exceptional situation; it’s like part of the process." And that sums up why the industry has declared

Only users who have a paid subscription or are part of a corporate subscription are able to print or copy content.

To access these options, along with all other subscription benefits, please contact info@risk.net or view our subscription options here: http://subscriptions.risk.net/subscribe

You are currently unable to copy this content. Please contact info@risk.net to find out more.

Sorry, our subscription options are not loading right now

Please try again later. Get in touch with our customer services team if this issue persists.

New to Risk.net? View our subscription options

If you already have an account, please sign in here.

You need to sign in to use this feature. If you don’t have a Risk.net account, please register for a trial.

Sign in
You are currently on corporate access.

To use this feature you will need an individual account. If you have one already please sign in.

Sign in.

Alternatively you can request an individual account here