- Glenn Barry, managing director, derivatives and quantitative strategies, Sun Life Investment Management
- Lisa Cavallari, director of fixed income derivatives and commodities, Russell Investments
- Sylvain Privat, head of product management, investment management solutions, Calypso Technology
- James Wallin, senior vice-president, AllianceBernstein
- Moderator: Duncan Wood, editor-in-chief, Risk.net
Despite a steady increase in the use of derivatives among investment managers, research from Asia Risk indicates many firms are still facing serious regulatory and technology challenges.
In a recent Asia Risk survey, an overwhelming 80% of the respondents said that over-the-counter derivatives were a concern from both a risk management and operations perspective. In addition, 60% say they do not have real-time, intra-day access to their collateral inventory, while 70% are not able to optimise their collateral on a pre-trade basis.