The effects of financial regulation and renewable energy are among the biggest risks for European energy companies, as identified by a panel of senior risk managers at Energy Risk Summit Europe in London on October 1.
During the discussion, senior risk managers from firms such as Spain-based utility Endesa, the UK arm of France-based EDF and Austrian oil and gas company OMV talked about the biggest risks facing their businesses.
"Five years ago, we were in a much more volatile wholesale market
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules