The rapid growth that has made Asia the darling of global investors over the past decade has had an inevitable side effect: the continent is now the biggest source of pollution on the planet. According to the Global Carbon Project, China overtook the US as the world's largest producer of greenhouse gases in 2006 and now emits nearly twice the US volume of carbon. The gleaming city skylines symbolising China's economic rise are now regularly obscured by smog in what has been popularly labelled an
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants