BP withdraws from CCS competition, exits UK wind power

"We pre-qualified as one of the bidders for the demonstration project and have now decided that we cannot form a consortium that we believe would have a chance of winning so we have decided to withdraw from the competition," BP's Robert Wine told Energy Risk.

The announcement comes on the same day as BP Alternative Energy's announcement that it will withdraw plans for an onshore wind farm in Kent and is moving all its wind projects to the US.

"We have withdrawn plans for the wind project in Kent w

To continue reading...

You need to sign in to use this feature. If you don’t have a Risk.net account, please register for a trial.

Sign in
You are currently on corporate access.

To use this feature you will need an individual account. If you have one already please sign in.

Sign in.

Alternatively you can request an indvidual account here: