The weather derivatives market may be stuck in first gear (Risk December 2002, page 85) but it has still spawned a number of dedicated websites. These typically offer weather data, analytics, news and other information. But, like the weather derivatives market, their success has been, at best, mixed.
Gerald Leitner, now president of his own New York-based consultancy, GL Technology, started weatherhedge.com a year and a half ago. It was set up as a subscription site to provide weather
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines