Small and medium enterprises (SMEs) are vital to the health of any economy. Yet many have been left scrambling for capital as banks have reduced lending to smaller companies.
Policy-makers are keen to stimulate lending to this sector of the economy and are encouraging the growth of alternative funding sources.
Direct or private lending is one potential solution.
Fund managers have also spotted this gap in the market and some are stepping up existing direct lending businesses while others are
- Fund-linked structured products face extinction under FRTB
- Lack of buy-side repo backstop a concern – Citi repo head
- China Minsheng and SocGen team up for quant index product
- People moves: Barclays’ investment bank chief exits, Citi president to retire, Vos promoted at BNY Mellon, and more
- Banks rethink fund-linked trades ahead of FRTB