Assets under management (AUM) of multi-strategy hedge funds have reached a new peak of more than $403 billion in the third quarter of 2014, according to analysis of hedge funds in the eVestment research database.
The sector attracted more investor capital over the past two years from Q4 2012 to Q3 2014 than even relative value credit hedge funds, whose AUM has soared since the start of 2010, as shown in figure 2.
There are 671 multi-strategy funds in eVestment’s research database, making the
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines