Equity long/short hedge funds have had a reasonable run over the past year. The top-performing funds have all achieved returns of well over 100%. Eurekahedge calculated the average 2009 returns for long/short equity funds at 21.7%.
The main hedge fund indexes show 2009 began weakly for equity long/short. The sector rallied in the second half of the year. The Greenwich Investable Hedge Fund Index, the Credit Suisse/Tremont Hedge Fund Index and the Dow Jones Hedge Fund Strategy
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia