According to Bill Maldonado of the Halbis Distressed Opportunities Fund, this is not an easy area to move into. Hedge fund managers are seeing some opportunities in convertible and merger arbitrage as well as in a number of other event driven strategies, says Maldonado. These strategies, unlike distressed debt, are fairly easy to move into and with some speed.
Distressed is a more elusive strategy. Maldonado believes it is rare to find a fund that does it well. It is a singular skill set that a
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden