Hedge funds investing in asset-backed securities (ABS) are making a strong case for investor allocations. Returns early this year continued a strong trend set in 2010, as pricing dislocations that still have not healed from the financial crisis offer opportunities to managers.
A review of ratings within the asset class by Standard & Poor’s this year was not as bad as originally expected, according to some managers. The strategy’s returns almost topped charts in 2010. Potential yields available
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- EU parliament OKs no-action powers but leaked doc signals delay