David Beach, veteran pattern-spotter and chief investment officer of hedge fund Beach Horizon since 2005 and founder of Beach Capital Management in 1998, started his first investment fund at Sabre Fund Management in 1989.
He has been profiting from his ability to spot patterns in financial markets for more than 25 years. While many portfolio managers trade on fair value or price momentum, Beach remembers patterns. A commodity that goes up, down, up and up may be more likely to skyrocket. A
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules