"We're all naturally goofy," Albourne's co-founder and chief executive Simon Ruddick declares. Inspect the boardroom of the hedge fund consultancy, and you can see the spirit and letter of these words. Alongside the flip charts and plaid boardroom chairs are toy cars and tanks, a cabinet of model aeroplanes and a life-size cow wearing a beret.
Staff and clients – used to building different kinds of models – compete to build the best model aircraft from an assembly kit that Albourne sends round.
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules