By the time Omni Partners started to move into UK asset-backed real estate lending in 2009, it was known as an equity specialist. But it felt that, in the post-crisis world, it could seize the opportunity to create significant returns from the vacuum left by traditional banking services increasingly squeezed by regulatory pressure, as well as meeting investors' appetite for short-term investments.
That intuition proved to be right and in May the firm's Secured Lending Fund won Hedge Funds Review
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance