UK financial regulators do not have access to the most accurate hedge fund statistics, according to financial academics, echoing concerns from a series of Bank of England officials and reports that data collected on hedge funds gives regulators a "limited" and "incomplete" picture of the systemic risk they pose.
Last year the Bank's governor Mark Carney complained to the UK Parliament's Treasury Committee that the quality of fund flow data for the hedge fund industry "fall[s] short of our need
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?