A new video-based approach to linking investors with managers, which claims to satisfy rules regarding reverse solicitation under the alternative investment fund managers directive (AIFMD), has sparked debate on how capital-raising may be accomplished without the need to adhere to costly European strictures, such as establishing a base on the continent and appointing a single depository.
In general, the AIFMD allows non-European Union managers to avoid the requirements of the directive if
- Banks rethink fund-linked trades ahead of FRTB
- Fund-linked structured products face extinction under FRTB
- People moves: Barclays’ investment bank chief exits, Citi president to retire, Vos promoted at BNY Mellon, and more
- Banks grapple with social media risk
- China Minsheng and SocGen team up for quant index product