Not many hedge fund managers have a statue of Paul Volcker on their desk. Fewer have probably approached him and thanked him for introducing the Volcker rule. William Michaelcheck, founder, partner, co-chief investment officer and chairman of Mariner Investment Group, is that manager.
For Michaelcheck, the Volcker rule has “created tremendous opportunities for people like us. We’re able to hire incredibly talented people who can no longer work in banks as their departments close.”
This pool of
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Final FRTB internal model rules get mixed reviews
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE