The International Organization of Securities Commissions (Iosco) has come under fire for a new survey that suggests UK hedge funds are, on average, 37 times geared – a figure based on a methodology that overstates derivatives exposure, critics say.
The survey, published on October 21, uses the concept of gross leverage ratio, which is calculated by dividing gross notional exposure by net assets under management. Gross notional exposure is defined as the absolute sum of all long and short
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?