For any hedge fund, securing a commitment from a big public pension plan can be a long and arduous process. Hedge funds need a proven strategy, a long track record of consistent returns and a strong base of existing investors to get on the radar of institutional investors.
Breton Hill Capital flipped the script when it secured the California Public Employees Retirement System (Calpers) as a day-one investor for its macro strategy. But then Breton Hill is no ordinary hedge fund.
Ray Carroll, Simon
- Banks rethink fund-linked trades ahead of FRTB
- Fund-linked structured products face extinction under FRTB
- People moves: Barclays’ investment bank chief exits, Citi president to retire, Vos promoted at BNY Mellon, and more
- Banks grapple with social media risk
- China Minsheng and SocGen team up for quant index product