Hedge fund managers typically begin their careers as investment analysts or traders. Daniel Khoshaba started with core drills, reamers and counter bores.
Before he entered finance, Khoshaba was an executive at Spie Tool, a cutting-tool manufacturing company he founded with his brother and father in the early 1980s.
After a decade running the business, Khoshaba decided he was ready for another challenge.
"I was young enough to make a switch to something I had always had a significant interest in:
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules