Jasen Yang, a senior portfolio manager, C12
The market has a short attention span but forgets nothing. When trading, a risk manager has to be the same way. But that is very hard to do, particularly across an organisation, without both culture and systems.
When a market starts responding to a new set of themes, it rarely means the old themes are irrelevant or that old themes will not benefit someone who continues to analyse them correctly (as long as the emerging themes are managed through a
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules